Winston Churchill in car with Generals Montgomery and Freyberg on tour of New Zealand Division in Tripoli, World War II - Photograph taken by H Paton
- 4 Feb 1943
- Paton, Harold Gear, 1919-2010
- Prime Minister of Great Britain, Mr Winston Churchill, passing through the units of the NZ Division by car at Tripoli, Libya, during World War II. Seated with him are General Bernard Montgomery, Commander of the 8th Army, and Lieutenant General Bernard Freyberg, Commander of the NZ Division. John Poston is the driver. Photograph taken 4 February 1943 by H Paton. Quantity: 1 b&w original photographic print(s). Physical Description: Cellulosic film negative
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- New Zealand. Department of Internal Affairs. War History Branch :Photographs relating to World War 1914-1918, World War 1939-1945, occupation of Japan, Korean War, and Malayan Emergency / World War 1939-1945 official negatives - DA Series
- 1 b&w original photographic print(s), Photographs, Cellulosic film negative
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: