Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989 :South Africa has announced its decision to allow sports teams including non-whites into the country. 13 April 1967.
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989
In the first scene, two men labelled S.A. and N.Z. stand back to back, arms crossed, saying, No non-whites, No rugby tour. The comment is that this could change strained relations - into almost unbearable tension. the second shows a man in pyjamas, dressing gown and slippers, sitting with beer flagon beside his armchair, and a glass in his hand, listening to the radio broadcast of a rugby test match from South Africa.
Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s).
Physical Description: Black ink, crayon, letratone and pencil, 260 x 342 mm
Finding Aids: Photocopies available in Pictorial Reference Service.
- Copyright must be cleared before this is reproduced for publication. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Curator required
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1967]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Ink drawings, Cartoons (Commentary), Black ink, crayon, letratone and pencil, 260 x 342 mm
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.