- 1946 - 1953
Printing blocks include:
1. "Merman (Unfinished)" (120 x 75 mm) See "A second book of LB's works"
2. "A strange outlandish fowl (2nd block)"(120 x 95 mm)
3. Wood block for Group Show catalogue 1952 (Face) (137 x 78 mm)
4. Art Society building, Durham Street Christchurch; venue of The Group Show. (129 x 160 mm)
5. Wooden band design (50 x 62 mm)
6. "Night (Head only)" (95 x 75 mm)
7. Group Show catalogue cover 1950 (282 x 143 mm)(shows woman with cave or rock drawings)
8. Small woodcut for Group Show catalogue 1953 (77 x 50 mm)(Abstract design)
9. Figure with sword for the cover of "Book" VIII (Caxton, 1946) (Design from 1509/1520)
Group Show catalogue cover 1950 (282 x 143 mm)(shows woman with cave or rock drawings)
Head from Group Show 1952 catalogue; and Art Society Building
Night (Head only)
Quantity: 4 b&w art print(s) on three sheets. 9 curio(s) printing blocks.
Physical Description: Block prints and lead mounted on wooden blocks, sizes varying
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Curator required
- Part of
- Bensemann, Leo Vernon, 1912-1986 :[Twelve boxes of wood blocks and prints. 1930-1950s]
- 4 b&w art print(s) on three sheets, 9 curio(s) printing blocks, Curios, Woodcuts, Printing blocks, Book illustrations, Block prints and lead mounted on wooden blocks, sizes varying
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.