Henrici de Bracton de Legibus & consuetudinibus Angliae Libri quin[que] : in varios tractatus distincti, ad diuersorum et vetustissimorum codicum collationem, ingenti cura, nunc primu[m] typis vulgati: quorum quid cuiq; insit, proxima pagina demonstrabit..
- Bracton, Henry de, -1268., Tottel, Richard, -1594 printer., General Assembly Library. former owner.
Leaf 362 misnumbered 360, leaf 439 misnumbered 437.
Historiated initials throughout text.
Marks of contraction in title have been expanded.
Printed on paper watermarked with hand device and 5-pointed star.
"The first printed edition of the entire work was published by Richard Tottell in 1569 (fol.), with a preface by one T.N. (whose identity has never been determined), in which credit is taken for a careful recension of the text."--Dictionary of national biography.
Signatures: [par.]⁴ 2[par]-3[par]⁴, A-5S⁴ 5T⁶. Verso of leaf , 1st set, is blank.
English short title catalogue, S122159
title page Digital image. Wellington, N.Z. : National Library of New Zealand.
The Alexander Turnbull Library SPC copy. Binding: sprinkled calf, gold tooled double outer fillets, inset panel in tan calf with blind tooled fillets, spine gold tooled with decorated compartments, raised spine bands, dark red morocco spine label, gold tooled edges, blind tooled turn-ins, marbled endpapers, red text edges. Spine title: Henry de Bracton. Rebacked with earlier spine cover. Provenance: bookplate and stamps of General Assembly Library. T.p. mended. Acc. 153018.
Digital image available: title page, Alexander Turnbull Library SPC copy. Details on request from Curator, Special Printed Collections.
- Source URL
- Related to
- Digital Collection = Kohinga Matihiko 81268192800002836 Alma Collection
- Other Titles
- De legibus et consuetudinibus Angliae. Latin; Henrici de Bracton de Legibus & consuetudinibus Angliae Libri quinque; Henrici de Bracton de Legibus & consuetudinibus Angliae Libri quinq;
- Londini. : Apud Richardum Tottellum, An. do. 1569..
- , 172, 175-444 leaves ; 30 cm. (fol.)
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.