- Coleridge, Samuel Taylor, 1772-1834., Strang, William, 1859-1921, ill., Ashbee, C. R. (Charles Robert), 1863-1942. ill., Kingsford, Florence. ill., Essex House Press, printer., Edward Arnold (Publishers) publisher., Samuel Buckley & Co. publisher.
"Here ends the Rime of the ancient mariner by S.T. Coleridge, printed among the great poems of the language, at the Essex House Press, Campden, Gloucestershire with a frontispiece by W. Strang, and under the care of C.R. Ashbee. Anno Domini, MDCCCCIII."--Colophon.
The tenth of the great poems series. Cf. Tomkinson.
"150 copies ... all on vellum"--Colophon.
Woodcut frontispiece by William Strang, gilded and painted letters in by Miss Florence Kingsford. Floral printer's device on final leaf.
Text printed in Caslon type on vellum. Cf. Tomkinson.
Binding: vellum, blindstamped with rose blossom and letters "Soul is form," spine stamped in gilt.
Ransom, W. Private presses, p. 267
Tomkinson, G.S. Modern presses, p. 75
Frontispiece and opening page Digital image. Wellington, N.Z. : National Library of New Zealand, 2007
The Alexander Turnbull Library has copy no. 19. Acc. 130832.
Digital image available: Frontispiece and opening page, Alexander Turnbull Library Rare Book copy. Details available on request from Curator, Rare Books and Fine Printing.
- Source URL
- Related to
- Digital Collection 81268192800002836 Alma Collection
- Other Titles
- Rhyme of the ancient mariner; Coleridge's rime of the ancient mariner
- [London] England : E. Arnold ; New York : S. Buckley & Co., A.D.MDCCCCIII 
- 30,  p. (page  1st set is blank) :ill. ;20 cm.
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.