Send us your publication
Information about how to deposit your physical and digital publications.
Where to send your publication
Send your physical or digital publication with your completed legal deposit form using one of the addresses or methods on this page.
If you are submitting an ongoing publication, for example, a magazine, you don't need to complete a form for each new issue.
You can also drop your publication to the National Library in Wellington. When you get here ask our Kaiarahi to contact a legal deposit staff member, or leave it with Alexander Turnbull Library staff in the Reading Room.
Download the form and save it before you fill it out.Download and save the legal deposit form (pdf, 350KB)
Send your physical publications to:
Legal Deposit Office
National Library of New Zealand
PO Box 12340
Or courier them to:
Legal Deposit Office
National Library of New Zealand Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa
Guthrie Lane (off Aitken Street)
Choose the method from this list below that suits you to deposit your digital publication. Don't forget to include the completed legal deposit form.
When access is limited, for example, to members or subscribers, remember to provide us with a membership or access credentials. Email — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email us your digital publication — maximum file size for emails is 20MB. Email — email@example.com
- National Library Dropbox — deposit your files directly to our Dropbox using our Dropbox File Request portal. The portal lets you upload multiple files straight from your computer without requiring your own Dropbox account. National Library Dropbox File Request portal
- Prompt us to download your publication – email and tell us where we can download your publication from. You may need to provide us with access if it is restricted. Email — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cloud service of your choice — upload your files to a service of your choice and email us to let us know where we can access your files. You may need to give us access to the files. Email — email@example.com
- FTP server — deposit very large files or a large number of files using our FTP server. Email us to request access to the FTP server. Email — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post your digital publication — put your digital publications on a physical carrier such as CD-ROM or USB drive and post them to us at one of the addresses provided above.
Have a look at the legal deposit help page or get in touch if you have questions about legal deposit.