Set up WorldShare Interlibrary loan
New to WorldShare Interlibrary Loan (WorldShare ILL) or need a refresher? Use our guides to get set-up or to check if you have the recommended settings in place.
1. Set-up interloans staff in WorldShare ILL
Set-up your interloan staff as users in WorldShare ILL within your library instance.
Key interloan staff member as indicated in the Directory of New Zealand Libraries.
Task to set-up interloans staff in WorldShare ILL
2. Set or update the policies directory
Set-up policies directory in WorldShare ILL including contacts, schedule public holidays and your library profile.
Key interloan staff member as indicated in the Directory of New Zealand Libraries (may include consultation with other interloan staff and library management).
Tasks to set or update the policies directory
- Contacts – list your location, address and interloan contacts (pdf, 590KB)
- Schedule – set public holidays, temporary closures (pdf, 435KB)
- Policies – detail your charges and loan periods (pdf, 945KB)
- Profile – check your summary information (pdf, 420KB)
- Optional extras – collection information, operating hours, deflections (pdf, 520KB)
3. Set up service configuration
Set up service configuration in WorldShare ILL, for example, library contacts you use regularly, borrower data, and lender charges. See the descriptions of service configurations below for other things you can set up.
Key interloan staff member (in consultation with other interloan staff and library management) as indicated in the Directory of New Zealand Libraries.
Descriptions of service configurations
Service configurations include:
Prioritising preferred lenders — Custom holdings groups and custom holdings paths are used to create and prioritise groups of lenders in WorldShare.
- Custom holding groups are lists of preferred (and less-preferred) lending libraries.
- Custom holdings paths set the priority order for these groups when making requests. For example, you can ensure your request goes to libraries that won't charge you before moving on to those that will.
Borrower constant data — borrower constant data pre-fill interloan request forms with standard borrower information, for example, postal address.
Lender constant data — lender constant data pre-fill interloan response forms with standard lender information, for example, lending charges, and return address.
Email alerts and print settings — notifications for incoming or unfilled interloan requests, configure book straps, stickers and shipping labels for lending requests.
Tasks to set up service configuration
- Set up and prioritise preferred lenders
- Set up borrower constant data
- Email alerts and print settings – notifications for interloans requests (pdf, 725KB)
- Set up lender constant data
Deeplinking makes collections more visible and provides the user with more information, including whether the item is currently available.
Libraries can make interlibrary loaning easier by deeplinking into their catalogues from WorldCat.
If you would like to be deeplinked please email email@example.com.
In cases where deeplinking isn't possible (or preferred), you can add the date ranges for your serial holdings directly to WorldShare:
For further help with interloans and other Te Puna services email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our email lists and keep up to date with what's happening with Te Puna services.
Help resources are also available for WorldShare on the OCLC support pages.
Lend and borrow with Te Puna InterloanGet up to speed with finding, borrowing and lending library resources using Te Puna interloan. Te Puna members can interloan within New Zealand and internationally.
Interloan billingTe Puna members can use our integrated billing services to process payments for interloans between New Zealand and international libraries.
Feature image at top of page: Detail of photo of a girl in a playground assembling a wooden structure, 1955, photo taken for Evening Post newspaper. Ref: EP/1955/2218-F. Alexander Turnbull Library.