Suitable for: Years 4 to 13
Learning areas: Social sciences (including history), English
Duration: 2 hours
Available: All year
Founding document: Te Petihana Whakamana Poti Wahine — Women's Suffrage Petition
He Tohu themes: The documents, people, place, living together, our future
What ākonga will learn
Ākonga (students) will learn about:
- who these amazing women were and what they stood for
- the adversities they faced and how they overcame them
- the qualities these women displayed that can inspire leaders of the future.
What ākonga will do
- Analyse the suffrage movement in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Use virtual reality technology to get up close to the petition.
- Take part in activities that help identify the qualities and attributes of leaders.
Book this programme or find out more
Book this programme
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org