He Tohu Tāmaki is a learning experience for schools in the Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland region, based on the award-winning exhibition at the National Library in Wellington.
Learn at the National Library in Auckland
He whakapapa korero, he whenua kura.
Talking about our past to build a better future.
He Tohu Tamaki helps teachers and students understand the stories of 3 documents that helped shape Aotearoa New Zealand:
- He Whakaputanga (Declaration of Independence)
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi (Treaty of Waitangi), and
- Women's Suffrage Petition.
Bring He Tohu to life
He Tohu Tāmaki brings to life for teachers and students:
- the history and meaning of the documents
- the events they symbolise
- signatories associated with Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland, and
- how the documents influence current and future events in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Teachers and learners can engage with the documents through a variety of themes and formats, including a virtual reality experience of the He Tohu document room in Wellington.
Come visit with your students
Visit He Tohu Tāmaki to find out more about the learning experiences on offer and how to book.