“The focus: ‘Language as a marker for Identity’ and The impact of Indigenous Language and Ethnicity Data Classification/Data Coding” panel discussion
Celebrating Pacific languages at the Library. More information is available about the Pacific language weeks at the Ministry of Pacific Peoples website.
- Date: Tuesday, 8 October, 2019
12:00pm to 1:30pm (light luncheon to follow)
Te Ahumairangi (ground floor), National Library, corner Molesworth and Aitken Streets, Thorndon
- Contact Details:
- Bulou Marawa Elena Tuisue will facilitate the event.
- Mrs Lauren Reweti — Tangata Whenua and Lecturer in Te Reo Maori at Wananga o Raukawa
- Dr Carol Legge — Linguist and Advisor to Fijian Language Society
- Dr Michael Slyuzberg — Economist and Principal Advisor Ministry of Justice
- Dr Zoe Irvine — Ethnicity Data Classification/Data Coding from Medical Practitioner perspectives
- Adi Elisapeci Samanunu Waqanivala — Indigenous Fijian Oral Historian Researcher/Ethnicity Data Classification Research from an Indigenous Fijian/Pasifika perspective