- MESH, reading, and more — Northland Primary and Intermediate PD Day
MESH, reading, and more — Northland Primary and Intermediate PD Day
Date: Wednesday 28 October 2020, 9:30am to 2:30pm
Registrations close: Wednesday 21 October, 5pm
Contact details: email@example.com
Join us at another professional development day for our Northland primary and intermediate school library networks. We'll investigate MESH education, get creative with DigitalNZ, and brainstorm ideas to encourage keen readers.
Who this learning event is for
This is a workshop for anyone with an interest in libraries, literacy, information and learning, specifically:
- library staff
- teachers, including Teachers with Library Responsibility
- school leaders or literacy leaders
- children's librarians from Northland public libraries.
Area Schools are welcome to attend either this PD Day or the Secondary School PD Day, whichever is most relevant.
Why attend this event
- Hear about new trends in school libraries and education and how the library can support these.
- Learn new digital skills to incorporate into classroom sessions.
- Find ways to involve school staff, public libraries, and students to create a culture of reading for pleasure.
- Network, share knowledge, and brainstorm with like-minded professionals.
What you’ll learn
On this course, you'll learn:
- about MESH education (media literacy, ethics, sociology, and history) and the role libraries can play in helping build social awareness and empathy
- to identify and evaluate strategies for engaging students as readers
- what resources DigitalNZ can offer and how they can be incorporated into the curriculum.
What you’ll do
- Examine the evolution of MESH and brainstorm what that might look like in your school.
- Explore DigitalNZ and learn how to create your own story to use in the classroom or library.
- Participate in activities that you can use in your school to help develop keen readers and strengthen a reading culture.
- Learn from other participants and course leaders by sharing ideas and practice.
- Reflect on your learning and develop actions to implement at school.
What's provided, what to bring
Morning tea and refreshments — tea, coffee, and juice — are provided.
- lunch to share
- a device (iPad or tablet) to get the most out of the digital session.
Find out more or register
Space is limited, so book your spot now. Registrations close 5pm Wednesday 21 October.
For more information about this learning event, email Anne Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org.Register now