Intrigue and inspire: Using rich resources to explore our past (Christchurch)
- Date: Tuesday, 7 May, 2019
9:30am to 2:30pm
Spark Place (ground floor), Tūranga, Cathedral Square, Christchurch
- Contact Details:
Cathy Kennedy — firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates, fees, and registration
|Date and time||Tuesday 7 May, 9:30am to 2:30pm|
|Registrations close||Tuesday 30 April, 5pm|
Who this professional learning event is for
This event is for primary, intermediate, and secondary school teachers, and school library staff.
Why attend this event
- Develop strategies to spark curiosity, engage learners, and deepen understanding of New Zealand’s eventful past, especially through questioning.
- Use a rich collection of resources and tools, including the recently published curiosity cards.
- Focus on topics relating to New Zealand culture and heritage, in particular, Tuia — Encounters 250.
- Learn about the Canterbury local history resources available at Tūranga.
What you'll learn
- Understand how rich resources can be used to inspire inquiry and inform deep learning about topics relating to our culture and heritage.
- Find out how to access digital resources which can relate to your local area and interests.
- Explore ways to use curiosity cards and create your own.
- Discover how students and educators can curate New Zealand digital resources in DigitalNZ.
- Find out about the local history resources available on the Tuakiri | Identity floor at Tūranga and the digital resources available from Christchurch City Libraries.
What you'll do
- Experience using a resource, or a collection of resources, to inspire and inform.
- Explore ways curiosity cards and their supporting materials can be used in your classroom.
- Discover the features of DigitalNZ as a search engine and curation platform.
- Meet the local history librarians at Tūranga and explore the Tuakiri | Identity resources.
Morning tea is provided. Bring your own lunch (or plan to purchase from on-site café or nearby).
Register or find out more
Registrations closed 5pm 30 April.
For more information, email email@example.com