Family History Open Day 2019
- Date: Saturday, 24 August, 2019
9:30am to 4:00pm
Hutt Bowling Club, 6 Myrtle Street, Lower Hutt
- Contact Details:
Something for everyone
Whether you are experienced or just beginning your family history journey, there will be something at our Wellington Family History Month Open Day for you.
Come along and hear one or more of our excellent speakers.
- 10:00am — Two degrees of separation and an introduction to the NZ Society of Genealogists and, with Sarah Hewitt (Convenor Kilbirnie Branch)
- 11:15am to 3pm — 'lightning talks' to introduce to new online resources at Wellington City Archives, with Adrian Humphris (Wellington City Archivist), Digital NZ, with Rowan Payne (Manager, DNZ Services), and Papers Past, with Emerson Vandy (Digital Services Manager)
- 1:15pm to 3pm — “lightning talks” to help access local resources — Hutt City Libraries with Clark Stiles (Heritage Special), Upper Hutt Library, with Reid Perkins (Library Archivist) and Hutt City Archives, with Jennie Henton (Archivist)
- 2:30pm — Discovering my family history at Archives NZ and the National Library of New Zealand, with Richard Foy (Chief Archivist, Archives NZ)
Family history specialists available
Throughout the day there will be specialists in New Zealand, Māori, Australian, USA, English, Irish and Scottish family history on hand to provide guidance and answer questions.
Experienced people from the NZSG and local branches, Hutt City and Upper Hutt Libraries, Hutt City Archives, National and Alexander Turnbull Libraries, Archives New Zealand, and New Zealand Defence Force Archives and Medals will also be there to help you.
More information about Wellington Family History month
National Library Family History research guides
Use the National Family History Research guides.