Digital resources to support inquiry learning and research — Hokitika
- Date: Thursday, 7 June, 2018
9:30am to 3:30pm
Westland District Library, 20 Sewell Street, Hokitika
- Contact Details:
Cathy Kennedy — firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates, fees, and registration
|Date and time||Thursday 7 June, 9:30am to 3:30pm|
|Registrations close||5pm Thursday 31 May|
Who this learning event is for
This professional development event is for primary, intermediate, and secondary school teachers and librarians who:
- are new to using digital resources
- want to learn more about finding and using digital resources to support learning, or
- want to strengthen library/classroom connections.
Why attend this event
- Learn how to find and use digital resources for inquiry learning and research.
- Have time for 'hands-on' exploration of credible, reliable digital resources that are freely available to schools.
- Explore digital resources that connect students to New Zealand's history and culture.
- Learn about using these resources to support learning.
- Strengthen library/classroom connections.
What you'll learn
- Discover the value that digital resources bring to your school and library collection.
- Build a broader understanding of the range of digital resources available for your learners.
- Further develop your understanding of the ways that digital resources can be used to inspire and support inquiry learning.
- Strengthen your understanding of how to identify and promote digital resources that support learners in your school.
- Improve your professional practice by applying what you learn to your own school context.
What you'll do
During the day, you'll:
- locate and explore a diverse range of digital resources, including resources that connect students to New Zealand's history and culture
- explore strategies for using digital resources to inspire and inform learning and research
- learn how the National Library can help you provide digital resources for learning
- explore and discuss ways in which your school or library can make digital resources available to students
- learn from other participants by sharing ideas and practice
- reflect on your learning and create an action plan to implement back at school.
Morning tea and lunch are provided.
Register or find out more
Registrations closed 31 May.
For more information, email email@example.com.