Digital resources to support inquiry learning and research — Auckland
- Date: Wednesday, 12 September, 2018
9:30am to 3:30pm
National Library Auckland Centre, 8 Stanley Street, Parnell
- Contact Details:
Sandi Faulconbridge — email@example.com
Dates, fees, and registration
|Date and time||Wednesday 12 September, 9:30am to 3:30pm|
|Registrations close||5pm Wednesday 5 September|
Who this learning event is for
This professional development event is for primary, intermediate, and secondary school teachers and librarians who:
- are new to using digital resources
- want to learn more about finding and using digital resources to support learning, or
- want to strengthen library/classroom connections.
Why attend this event
- Learn how to find and use digital resources for inquiry learning and research.
- Have time for 'hands-on' exploration of credible, reliable digital resources that are freely available to schools.
- Explore digital resources that connect students to New Zealand's history and culture.
- Learn about using these resources to support learning.
- Strengthen library/classroom connections.
What you'll learn
- Discover the value that digital resources bring to your school and library collection.
- Build a broader understanding of the range of digital resources available for your learners.
- Further develop your understanding of the ways that digital resources can be used to inspire and support inquiry learning.
- Strengthen your understanding of how to identify and promote digital resources that support learners in your school.
- Improve your professional practice by applying what you learn to your own school context.
What you'll do
During the day, you'll:
- locate and explore a diverse range of digital resources, including resources that connect students to New Zealand's history and culture
- explore strategies for using digital resources to inspire and inform learning and research
- learn how the National Library can help you provide digital resources for learning
- explore and discuss ways in which your school or library can make digital resources available to students
- learn from other participants by sharing ideas and practice
- reflect on your learning and create an action plan to implement back at school.
Morning tea and lunch are provided.
Register or find out more
Registrations closed 5 September.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.