- Digital resources for inquiry learning and research
Digital resources for inquiry learning and research
Date: Thursday 30 June 2022, 9:30am to 3:30pm
Registrations close: Friday 24 June, 5pm
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.orgAdd to my calendar
This one-day workshop will give you a hands-on opportunity to discover and use digital resources freely available to schools. You'll locate and curate quality, reliable digital content to support all learning areas of the curriculum.
Who this learning event is for
This workshop is for primary, intermediate, and secondary teachers and school library staff who are new to locating and curating digital resources.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the role of digital resources in teaching and learning.
- Identify appropriate digital resources which meet the needs of your school.
- Locate and use credible digital resources and explore the features these resources offer.
- Use an online curation tool to curate a digital collection that supports learning and complements your library print collections.
- Learn how to share your curated content with teachers, students and your school community.
What you’ll do
- Participate in ‘hands-on’, guided activities that explore digital resources and their features.
- Curate your own topic-based digital collection appropriate for your school.
- Learn from other participants and course leaders by sharing ideas and practice.
- Reflect on your learning and develop actions to implement at school.
What's provided, what to bring
Bring a device that you're familiar with and that can connect to the internet outside your school network.
- A laptop is best — smartphones are not suitable.
- If you're bringing a tablet, an external keyboard is helpful so you can have a full-screen view of websites.
- Remember to bring a cable for charging and any necessary passwords you might need to access your device.
Morning tea and lunch are provided.
Find out more or register
Space is limited, so book your spot now. Registrations close 5pm Friday 24 June.
For more information about this learning event, email Cathy at email@example.com.Register now