- Developing your school library services
Developing your school library services
Date: Monday 27 July 2020 to Friday 4 September 2020
Registrations close: Friday 24 July, 5pm
Cost: $100, early bird $80 closes 3 July
Location: Online course
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn how to develop library services to support teaching and learning in your school, including using research, evidence, and feedback from your school community.
Who this online course is for
Primary, intermediate, or secondary school:
- new library staff
- new members of the library management team.
Why take this course
- Strengthen your role and understand its scope in a school library.
- Learn how library services support teaching and learning and help create a school-wide reading culture.
- Understand the importance of using evidence, knowledge of the community, and your school’s priorities to inform library services.
- Improve your professional practice by applying what you learn to your own school context.
- Learn with the support of a trained, online facilitator.
What you'll learn
On this course you'll learn:
- how to gather evidence, input, and feedback from teachers, students, and the community
- how to use this information and find other evidence to inform your library service development
- some tools for assessing library practices in your school
- how your school library can:
- help create a school-wide reading culture
- support the school’s strategic priorities.
What you'll do
The course starts with an 'orientation week' from 27 July to 2 August. This week helps you get familiar with online learning and Moodle — the platform we deliver our courses on.
Then for the next 5 weeks, you'll:
- use quality resources to develop your knowledge and understanding of school library services
- learn from other course participants by sharing ideas and practice
- participate in scenario-based, problem-solving activities
- create an action plan for an initiative you can implement to improve library services in your school
- reflect on your learning.
Find out more or register
For more information about this course, email Maxine Ramsay email@example.com.
Space is limited, so book your spot now. Registrations close 5pm 24 July.
Our online professional learning and development has more about how our courses work, what you need to do, and our terms and conditions.Register now