Developing digital literacy in your school
- Date: Monday, 20 August - 28 September, 2018
Online course accessible 24/7 for 6 weeks
$100, earlybird $80
- Contact Details:
Vicki Stephens – Vicki.Stephens@dia.govt.nz
Dates, fees, and registration
|Date and time||20 August to 28 September|
|Early bird closes||27 July|
|Registrations close||17 August|
Who this online course is for
Primary, intermediate, secondary school:
- literacy leaders
- school library staff.
Why take this course
- Strengthen your understanding of digital literacy and its importance for student learning.
- Explore how the library can contribute to digital literacy.
- Improve your professional practice by applying what you learn to your own school context.
- Learn with the support of a trained, online facilitator.
What you'll learn
On this course you'll learn about:
- approaches to developing digital literacy
- links between digital literacy and the New Zealand curriculum
- skills and tools for finding, evaluating, using, creating, and sharing digital content in meaningful ways
- how library collections, programmes, and services can contribute to digital literacy.
What you'll do
- Use quality resources to develop your understanding of digital literacy.
- Learn from other course participants by sharing ideas and practice.
- Participate in problem-solving activities.
- Create an action plan for an initiative to contribute to digital literacy in your school.
- Reflect on your learning.
Register or find out more
Register for this course — space is limited, so book your spot now.
For more information, email Vicki.Stephens@dia.govt.nz.