- Developing digital literacy in your school
Developing digital literacy in your school
Date: Monday 10 August 2020 to Friday 18 September 2020
Registrations close: Friday 7 August, 5pm
Cost: $100, early bird $80 closes 24 July
Location: Online course
Contact details: email@example.com
Develop your understanding of digital literacy and how it benefits students. Discover how your library collections, programmes, and services can contribute to digital literacy.
Who this online course is for
Primary, intermediate, or secondary school:
- literacy leaders
- school library staff.
Why take this course
- Strengthen your understanding of digital literacy and its importance for student learning.
- Explore how the library can contribute to digital literacy.
- Improve your professional practice by applying what you learn to your own school context.
- Learn with the support of a trained, online facilitator.
What you'll learn
On this course you'll learn about:
- approaches to developing digital literacy
- links between digital literacy and the New Zealand curriculum
- skills and tools for finding, evaluating, using, creating, and sharing digital content in meaningful ways
- how library collections, programmes, and services can contribute to digital literacy.
What you'll do
The course starts with an 'orientation week' from 10 to 16 August. This week helps you get familiar with online learning and Moodle — the platform we deliver our courses on.
Then for the next 5 weeks, you'll:
- use quality resources to develop your understanding of digital literacy
- learn from other course participants by sharing ideas and practice
- participate in problem-solving activities
- create an action plan for an initiative to contribute to digital literacy in your school
- reflect on your learning.
Find out more or register
For more information about this course, email Vicki Stephens firstname.lastname@example.org.
Space is limited, so book your spot now. Registrations close 5pm 7 August.
Our online professional learning and development has more about how our courses work, what you need to do, and our terms and conditions.Register now