Connect with NZ culture and heritage resources to inspire inquiry — Auckland
- Date: Wednesday, 20 June, 2018
9:30am to 3:30pm
Free to attend
8 Stanley Street, Parnell, Auckland 1010
- Contact Details:
Mairi Ogilvie — firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates, fees, and registration
|Date and time||Wednesday 20 June, 9:30am to 3:30pm|
|Registrations close||12pm Tuesday 19 June|
Who this learning event is for
- Primary, intermediate, and secondary school teachers and library staff.
- History and social studies teachers.
What you'll learn
- Develop an understanding of how resources can be used in a variety of ways, from gathering background and formulating ideas to inspiring fertile questions and going deeper with issues.
- Learn how to connect students with their heritage and culture through using rich resources that are readily available to all New Zealanders.
- Discover how teacher and library collaboration can enhance the use of resources and how students can access, use, and share them.
What you'll do
- Discover and access a rich and diverse range of resources related to New Zealand heritage and culture.
- Explore a variety of tools and approaches to using resources that can support all aspects of inquiry learning.
- Learn from other participants by sharing ideas and practice.
- Create a ‘toolbox’ of resources to use in your school to support inquiry learning and connect students with their heritage and culture.
What's provided, what to bring
Please bring your own lunch and your own device.
Register or find out more
Registrations for this event are closed.
For more information, email email@example.com