Cancelled: Open the Book: Developing the school library to support reading for pleasure — Auckland
- Date: Friday, 16 August, 2019
9am to 3pm
Seminar room, National Library, 8 Stanley Street, Auckland
- Contact Details:
Phillippa McKenzie — firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates, fees, and registration
|Date and time||Friday 16 August 2019, 9am to 3pm|
|Registrations close||Friday 9 August, 5pm|
Who this learning event is for
- Primary, intermediate, and secondary library teams (librarians, library assistants).
- Teachers with Library Responsibility.
- Literacy leaders.
What you'll learn
- Explore factors that are important to consider when developing your library space, services, and collections in order to promote reading for pleasure.
- Learn how to gather information about the readers in your school so your library can cater for a diverse readership.
- Discuss the important elements that help ensure your library is a reader-friendly place and offers reader-friendly services and collections.
- Understand readers' advisory, and the way in which you can actively promote and talk about books with students.
- Learn how to identify areas for development in your library to promote reading for pleasure.
What you'll do
- Explore and discuss strategies for gathering information about your students' reading preferences.
- Explore and discuss how your library space, collections, and access can engage and promote reading for pleasure.
- Discover ways in which you can actively promote books to students and explore readers' advisory.
- Share and discover strategies that can be implemented in the school library to support reading for pleasure.
- Reflect on your current library space, services, and collections to identify areas for development.
Morning tea and lunch are provided.
Register or find out more
The event has been cancelled.
For more information, email email@example.com