Cancelled: Intrigue and inspire: Using rich resources to explore our past — Auckland
- Date: Thursday, 22 August, 2019
1pm to 4pm
Seminar room, National Library, 8 Stanley Street, Auckland
- Contact Details:
Sandi Faulconbridge — firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates, fees, and registration
|Date and time||Thursday 22 August 2019, 1pm to 4pm|
|Registrations close||Thursday 15 August, 5pm|
Who this professional learning event is for
This event is for primary, intermediate, and secondary school teachers, and school library staff.
Why attend this event
- Develop strategies to spark curiosity, engage learners, and deepen understanding of New Zealand’s eventful past, especially through questioning.
- Use a rich collection of resources and tools, including the recently published curiosity cards.
- Focus on topics relating to New Zealand culture and heritage, in particular, Tuia — Encounters 250.
What you'll learn
- Understand how rich resources can be used to inspire inquiry and inform deep learning about topics relating to our culture and heritage.
- Find out how to access digital resources which can relate to your local area and interests.
- Explore ways to use curiosity cards and create your own.
- Discover how students and educators can curate New Zealand digital resources in DigitalNZ.
What you'll do
- Experience using a resource, or a collection of resources, to inspire and inform.
- Explore ways curiosity cards and their supporting materials can be used in your classroom.
- Discover the features of DigitalNZ as a search engine and curation platform.
Afternoon tea is provided.
Register or find out more
This event has been cancelled.
For more information, email email@example.com