- Building a responsive collection for your school library
Building a responsive collection for your school library
Date: Monday 4 May 2020 to Friday 12 June 2020
Registrations close: Friday 1 May, 5pm
Cost: $100, early bird $80 closes 9 April
Location: Online course
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
A great school library collection requires good management and planning. Learn about the collection management cycle. Discover how to involve teachers and students to build a school library collection that meets their needs.
Who this online course is for
This is an introductory online course for school library staff or library management team members who:
- are new to school libraries, or
- have some experience with collection management and want to find out how the collection can better respond to and reflect the needs of their school community.
Why take this course
- Strengthen your understanding of building a responsive collection.
- Learn how to manage your collection so that it better responds to and reflects the needs of your school community.
- Improve your professional practice by applying what you learn to your own school context.
- Learn with the support of a trained, online facilitator.
What you'll learn
- Understand the purpose of your collection.
- Develop and articulate a vision for your collection.
- Learn more about your users and their needs.
- Learn ways to collaborate with others (staff, students, community) to develop your collection.
- Know how to use the collection management cycle — planning, selecting, organising, assessing, weeding.
What you'll do
The course starts with an 'orientation week' from 4 to 10 May. This week helps you get familiar with online learning and Moodle — the platform we deliver our courses on.
Then for the next 5 weeks, you'll:
- use quality resources to learn the best practices for school library collection development
- learn from other course participants by sharing ideas and practice
- participate in scenario-based, problem-solving activities
- create an action plan to develop a better collection in your school library
- integrate the collection development cycle into your library practice
- reflect on your learning.
Find out more or register
For more information about the course, email Jan Boustead email@example.com.
Space is limited, so book your spot now. Registrations close 5pm 1 May 2020.
Our online professional learning and development has more about how our courses work, what you need to do, and our terms and conditions.Register now