Building a responsive collection for your primary school library
- Date: Monday, 21 May - 29 June, 2018
Online course accessible 24/7 for 6 weeks
$100, early bird $80
- Contact Details:
Email Mairi Ogilvie — email@example.com
Dates, fees, and registration
|Date||21 May to 29 June|
|Early bird closes||4 May|
|Registrations close||14 May|
Why take this course
- Strengthen your understanding of building a responsive collection.
- Learn how to manage your collection so that it better responds to and reflects the needs of your school community.
- Improve your professional practice by applying what you learn to your own school context.
- Learn with the support of a trained, online facilitator.
Who this online course is for
This is an introductory online course for primary/intermediate school library staff or library management team members who:
- are new to school libraries, or
- have some experience with collection management and want to find out how the collection can better respond to and reflect the needs of their school community.
What you'll learn
- Understand the purpose of your collection.
- Develop and articulate a vision for your collection.
- Learn more about your users and their needs.
- Learn ways to collaborate with others (staff, students, community) to develop your collection.
- Know how to use the collection management cycle — planning, selecting, organising, assessing, weeding.
What you'll do
- Use quality resources to learn the best practices for school library collection development.
- Learn from other course participants by sharing ideas and practice.
- Participate in scenario-based, problem-solving activities.
- Create an action plan to develop a better collection in your school library.
- Integrate the collection development cycle into your library practice.
- Reflect on your learning.
Register or find out more
Registrations have closed for this course.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.