- When Willie Field and Fred Vosseler founded the Tararua Tramping Club (TTC) in 1919, they began a century of organised tramping in New Zealand. Authors Chris Maclean and Shaun Barnett will talk about their book 'Leading the way: 100 years of the Tararua Tramping Club'. Chris and Shaun will discuss how the club formed, why it was a success and how it set a model for other clubs to follow.
12:10pm to 1:00pm
Tiakiwai Seminar Rooms, Lower ground floor, National Library, corner Molesworth and Aitken Streets, Thorndon
Access is through the Library's main enterance
- Part of: Public history talk
- Do you have your grandad’s Poll Tax Certificate, your granny’s cheung saam, old war bonds or your Association’s minutes? Do you use your phone or digital camera to take photos? How do we keep them all safe for future generations? The Alexander Turnbull Library’s Vicki-Anne Heikell, Field Conservator, and Flora Feltham, Digital Archivist, will lead this workshop on caring for your valued objects — digital or otherwise.
1pm to 3pm
Wellington Chinese Sports and Cultural Centre, Mt Albert Road, Berhampore.
- Dr John Fitzgerald will consider NZ's high suicide rates, the research data, philosophical positions, and social pressures that account for this. What are the underlying questions to be resolved before a meaningful policy direction can be established? This talk will offer potential solutions.
6:00pm to 7:00pm
National Library, Tiakiwai Conference Centre (lower ground floor), Corner Molesworth and Aitken Streets, Wellington. Entrance on Aitken Street.
- Part of: Our changing world