Twitter as a professional learning toolFebruary 21st, 2011
Twitter as a professional learning tool.
As a professional, you want to keep up to date with the latest news and issues. You want to contribute to discussions and learn from other people’s experiences. Twitter is a great place to do this.
If you haven’t used Twitter before, sign up, follow a few people (suggestions below for people interested in school libraries) and just watch for a while. Make it a habit to have a look every day. Then, if you feel like it, join in.
We’re using Twitter here at Services to Schools. We intend to help you to keep up to date with the latest in libraries and learning and invite you to follow us. Our username is L2_S2S.
Here are some other suggestions of people to follow:
- Buffyjhamilton - The Unquiet Librarian
- heyjudeonline - Judy o'Connell
- NLNZ - National Library of New Zealand
- sabram - Stephen Abram
- nzbookcouncil - New Zealand Book Council
- Te_Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
- TKINewZealand - Te Kete Ipurangi
- Schoollibsnz - Slanza
- NZBookMonth -- New Zealand Book Month