You can add an image to a page. Images on a page are designed to fill the width of the page.
How to add a full width image to a page
Full width images can be added to content blocks. In the content block:
- select 'insert media'
- to add a new image to the site — select 'add new media and link' and upload the image, or
- to use an existing image — select 'link existing media' and find the image you want to use.
Add alt text/caption/links
- Add the alt text to the image in the [...] after the exclaimation mark.
- Add your caption by typing it where you want it.
- To add links — select your linking text and use the wysiwig to add the link. If it is a link to a to a page on the National Library website use a relative link.
Example of alt text, captions and linking markdown
Publish the image
New images need to be published so they show up on a published page.
- Find the image in the media library and publish it.
- In the media library add a description use the alt text you put on the page. This will be the default alt text if the image is used on a feature card or feature card gallery.
Image on a page example
Another Image follows