We're open again
Kia ora friends
The National Library’s Wellington building is open to all. Our opening hours are Monday to Saturday:
- Te Ahumairangi: 8.30am – 5pm
- Reading Rooms: 10am – 5pm
Some of our collections are unavailable because we’re making changes to ensure that our staff are as safe as possible in the storage areas.
Last updated 17/01/17
- Reference collections, digital collections, and material already retrieved
- Microfilm newspapers that are stored in the reading room
- Some drawings, paintings, prints, maps, and ephemera by appointment with the Curator
- Rare books by appointment with the Curator
- Photographic negatives and transparencies by appointment with the Curator
- Some manuscripts collections (reference numbers MS-Papers-6678 to MS-Papers-12153, and 2000-096 and above)
- Some folio sized manuscripts (reference fms)
- Some Alexander Turnbull Library hard copy newspaper collection.
- Collections from the Wanganui Storage Facility.
- National Library New Zealand and Pacific book collection
- Alexander Turnbull Library unpublished items (including Photographic albums and prints photographs, Oral History, some Manuscripts and other collections)
- National Library Overseas Books
- Music Collections (from the National Library collections)
- National Library of New Zealand serials (magazines, journals) from the New Zealand and Pacific collection
- The Turnbull General 'G' Collection
- The Formed Collections
- Dorothy Neal White Collection and National Children's Collection
- Alexander Turnbull Library published collections (books, serials)
- Overseas Serials from the National Library Collections
- 18th Century Newspapers on Microfilm
If you're planning to visit, please call us on 0800 474 300 or contact us through Ask a Librarian so we can confirm.
Thank you for the kindness and patience you’ve shown while we’ve been closed. Aroha nui.