National Library Wellington
Te Ahumairangi: 8.30am – 5pm
Reading Rooms: 10am – 5pm
Monday to Saturday
The Library is closed on public holidays
Corner Molesworth & Aitken St
0800 474 300
04 474 3000
- Tuesday 21 February: National Preservation Office Conservation Clinic
- Tuesday 18 April: National Preservation Office Conservation Clinic
- Tuesday 20 June: National Preservation Office Conservation Clinic
- Tuesday 15 August: National Preservation Office Conservation Clinic
- Tuesday 17 October: National Preservation Office Conservation Clinic
Wellington Anniversary Day
The Wellington building will be closed on Monday, January 23. We're open again from Tuesday.
Unfolding the map
Cartography in New Zealand.come on in
Now on at the Turnbull Gallery, an exhibition about the polymath Colenso and his contemporaries.come on in
Find out more about the place names of Aotearoa.Haere mai
HOME – Cafe
Spend lunch or a break at HOME, the National Library’s cafe.get a coffee and a bite
We're open again!
The National Library’s Wellington building has reopened after earthquake assessment. We’re back to our normal hours, Monday to Saturday.Researchers, drop us a line
Research with the collections
Talk to one of our topic or format specialists, or our general research experts.
They're available on site, or you can ask your question right now though Ask a Librarian.start your research
Get to work and get creative, alone or in a group.
net.work is an open space for you to make what you want.see what you can do
Explore your heritage in a new way.
Find yourself, your place, and your past on the Lifelines table.get in touch with your past