National Library Wellington
Te Ahumairangi: 8.30am – 5pm
Reading Rooms: 10am – 5pm
Monday to Saturday
The Library is closed on public holidays
Corner Molesworth & Aitken St
0800 474 300
04 474 3000
- Tuesday 22 August: FamilySearch service — changes ahead
- Friday 25 August: Pirihira & Miriama Heketa
- Saturday 26 August: Essentials of oral history day two: Wellington
- Thursday 31 August: The ethics of treaties
- Wednesday 6 September: Treaty of Waitangi Fellows
- Friday 8 September: Open the book: Literature at the heart of literacy — Wellington
- Monday 25 September: Antibiotic resistance: The end of modern medicine? (Wellington)
- Tuesday 17 October: National Preservation Office Conservation Clinic
- Friday 10 November: Open the book: Literature at the heart of literacy — Wellington
Unfolding the map
Cartography in New Zealand.come on in
On now at the Turnbull Gallery, an exhibition going beyond the 'dusky maiden'.see what's on
What's in a name?
Find out more about the place names of Aotearoa.Haere mai
HOME – Cafe
Spend lunch or a break at HOME, the National Library’s cafe.get a coffee and a bite
We're open again!
The National Library’s Wellington building is open Monday to Saturday.
Some of our collections are unavailable while we make sure our collection areas are safe after the Kaikoura earthquake.See what's available
Research with the collections
Talk to one of our topic or format specialists, or our general research experts.
They're available on site, or you can ask your question right now though Ask a Librarian.start your research
Get to work and get creative, alone or in a group.
net.work is an open space for you to make what you want.see what you can do
Explore your heritage in a new way.
Find yourself, your place, and your past on the Lifelines table.get in touch with your past