National Library Wellington
Te Ahumairangi: 8.30am – 5pm
Reading Rooms: 10am – 5pm
Monday to Saturday
Closed on Public Holidays
Corner Molesworth & Aitken St
0800 474 300
04 474 3000
- Tuesday 23 September: No less than everything
- Tuesday 21 October: Family history monthly talk – October
- Thursday 23 October: Ravaged Beauty
- Saturday 8 November: Essentials of Oral History day one: Wellington
- Tuesday 18 November: Family history monthly talk – November
- Saturday 29 November: Essentials of Oral History day two: Wellington
- Saturday 6 December: Abstracting Oral History: Wellington
- Monday 26 January: Australasian Rare Books Summer School
Looking beyond the great idea.
Innovation is more than a great idea; it’s about creating a better future. Discover inventions and ideas at our leading edge and unearth some fascinating developments from our colourful past.visit Leading Edge
No Less than Everything
The art and times of Dame Janet Paul.open the page
The persuasive art of New Zealand Railways: The positive vision of the Publicity Department at New Zealand Railways, held by the Turnbull ephemera collection.hit the tracks
HOME – Cafe
Spend lunch or a break at HOME, the National Library’s cafe.get a coffee and a bite
Research with the collections
Talk to one of our topic or format specialists, or our general research experts.
They're available on site, or you can ask your question right now though Ask a Librarian.start your research
Get to work and get creative, alone or in a group.
net.work is an open space for you to make what you want.see what you can do
Explore your heritage in a new way.
Find yourself, your place, and your past on the Lifelines table.get in touch with your past