National Library Wellington
Te Ahumairangi: 8.30am – 5pm
Reading Rooms: 10am – 5pm
Monday to Saturday
Closed on Public Holidays
Corner Molesworth & Aitken St
0800 474 300
04 474 3000
- Tuesday 25 November: Introduction to Adobe Photoshop (Nov 25)
- Wednesday 26 November: Migrating to New Zealand
- Wednesday 26 November: Te Reo Wainene o Tua (26 Nov)
- Wednesday 26 November: Te Reo Wainene o Tua (26 Nov pm)
- Wednesday 26 November: Alexander Aitken, New Zealand Polymath
- Thursday 27 November: Te Reo Wainene o Tua (27 Nov)
- Thursday 27 November: Te Reo Wainene o Tua (27 Nov pm)
- Friday 28 November: Te Reo Wainene o Tua (28 Nov)
- Saturday 29 November: Essentials of Oral History day two: Wellington
- Saturday 29 November: Maori storytellers workshop
- Saturday 6 December: Abstracting Oral History: Wellington
- Monday 26 January: Australasian Rare Books Summer School
End of year hours
We'll be closed over Christmas and New Year's! The Turnbull is closed from Christmas Day, and opens on January 3rd.
The ground floor Te Ahumairangi, including HOME cafe, will also be closed on December 25, 25, 27, and January 1 and 2.
A Contemporary Conversation
A conversation with and about our histories of war, 100 years ago and today.come on in
A Child's War
Until 27 February
Words and pictures in children's books from World War I.come on in
Home and Away
New Zealanders near and far during World War One.arrive at the Library
HOME – Cafe
Spend lunch or a break at HOME, the National Library’s cafe.get a coffee and a bite
Research with the collections
Talk to one of our topic or format specialists, or our general research experts.
They're available on site, or you can ask your question right now though Ask a Librarian.start your research
Get to work and get creative, alone or in a group.
net.work is an open space for you to make what you want.see what you can do
Explore your heritage in a new way.
Find yourself, your place, and your past on the Lifelines table.get in touch with your past