National Library Wellington
Te Ahumairangi: 8.30am – 5pm
Reading Rooms: 10am – 5pm
Monday to Saturday
Closed on Public Holidays
Corner Molesworth & Aitken St
0800 474 300
04 474 3000
- Saturday 2 August: Box–making workshop
- Wednesday 6 August: Cook Islands collections at the Turnbull
- Saturday 9 August: Tivaevae workshop: how to make a kutini (cushion) cover
- Tuesday 19 August: Family history monthly talk – August
- Tuesday 16 September: Family history monthly talk – September
- Tuesday 21 October: Family history monthly talk – October
- Tuesday 18 November: Family history monthly talk – November
- Monday 26 January: Australasian Rare Books Summer School
Looking beyond the great idea.
Innovation is more than a great idea; it’s about creating a better future. Discover inventions and ideas at our leading edge and unearth some fascinating developments from our colourful past.visit Leading Edge
Until 12 September
Antarctica imagined.come on in
The persuasive art of New Zealand Railways: The positive vision of the Publicity Department at New Zealand Railways, held by the Turnbull ephemera collection.hit the tracks
HOME – Cafe
Spend lunch or a break at HOME, the National Library’s cafe.get a coffee and a bite
Research with the collections
Talk to one of our topic or format specialists, or our general research experts.
They're available on site, or you can ask your question right now though Ask a Librarian.start your research
Get to work and get creative, alone or in a group.
net.work is an open space for you to make what you want.see what you can do
Mix & Mash
Mix & Mash invites people to take open data and content and turn it into something entirely new.
Come on in and see the fantastic Mix & Mash competition entries made by students, story tellers, artists and developers from across New Zealand.take a look
Explore your heritage in a new way.
Find yourself, your place, and your past on the Lifelines table.get in touch with your past