National Library Wellington
Te Ahumairangi: 8.30am – 5pm
Reading Rooms: 10am – 5pm
Monday to Saturday
The Library is closed on public holidays
Corner Molesworth & Aitken St
0800 474 300
04 474 3000
- Monday 29 August: The Expert: An endangered species?
- Thursday 1 September: Bruce Mason at Downstage
- Thursday 8 September: Prisoners of Mother England
- Tuesday 13 September: Discovering a paper son from digital fingerprints
- Wednesday 14 September: Chinese characters: From bone to byte
- Wednesday 14 September: The Downstage contribution to theatre in New Zealand
- Friday 16 September: Chinese brush painting demonstration
- Tuesday 20 September: Family History Monthly Talk - September
- Thursday 29 September: Treasures of our theatre history: some gone forever!
- Thursday 6 October: As you like it
- Wednesday 12 October: Niu Sila
- Tuesday 18 October: Family History Monthly Talk - October
- Tuesday 18 October: National Preservation Office Conservation Clinic - October
- Saturday 5 November: Essentials of Oral History day one: Wellington
- Wednesday 9 November: Shuriken
- Tuesday 15 November: Family History Monthly Talk - November
- Saturday 3 December: Essentials of Oral History day two: Wellington
Unfolding the map
Cartography in New Zealand.come on in
Until 11 November
Now on at the Turnbull Gallery, an exhibition and events about half a century of the Downstage Theatre.come on in
Find out more about the place names of Aotearoa.Haere mai
HOME – Cafe
Spend lunch or a break at HOME, the National Library’s cafe.get a coffee and a bite
Research with the collections
Talk to one of our topic or format specialists, or our general research experts.
They're available on site, or you can ask your question right now though Ask a Librarian.start your research
Get to work and get creative, alone or in a group.
net.work is an open space for you to make what you want.see what you can do
Explore your heritage in a new way.
Find yourself, your place, and your past on the Lifelines table.get in touch with your past