National Library Wellington
Te Ahumairangi: 8.30am – 5pm
Reading Rooms: 10am – 5pm
Monday to Saturday
Closed on Public Holidays
Corner Molesworth & Aitken St
0800 474 300
04 474 3000
- Monday 29 December: Arduino robotics workshop
- Monday 29 December: Stories from here and there
- Monday 29 December: Make your own diary (Dec 29)
- Monday 29 December: Poppy making
- Monday 29 December: Children’s tour and scavenger hunt
- Monday 29 December: String telephone and morse code
- Monday 29 December: Christmas Past
- Monday 29 December: A Child’s War
- Monday 29 December: 10 Taonga
- Monday 29 December: A white gloves experience
- Tuesday 30 December: Make your own mask
- Wednesday 31 December: Make your own diary (Dec 31)
- Monday 26 January: Australasian Rare Books Summer School
End of year hours and events
We'll be closed some days over Christmas and New Year's! The Turnbull Reading Rooms are closed from Christmas Day, and open on January 3rd.
The ground floor Te Ahumairangi, including HOME cafe, will also be closed on December 25, 25, 27, and January 1 and 2.
The Library will offer programmes and tours during this holiday period. Details
A Contemporary Conversation
A conversation with and about our histories of war, 100 years ago and today.come on in
A Child's War
Until 27 February
Words and pictures in children's books from World War I.come on in
Home and Away
New Zealanders near and far during World War One.arrive at the Library
HOME – Cafe
Spend lunch or a break at HOME, the National Library’s cafe.get a coffee and a bite
Research with the collections
Talk to one of our topic or format specialists, or our general research experts.
They're available on site, or you can ask your question right now though Ask a Librarian.start your research
Get to work and get creative, alone or in a group.
net.work is an open space for you to make what you want.see what you can do
Explore your heritage in a new way.
Find yourself, your place, and your past on the Lifelines table.get in touch with your past