National Library Wellington
Te Ahumairangi: 8.30am – 5pm
Reading Rooms: 10am – 5pm
Monday to Saturday
The Library is closed on public holidays
Corner Molesworth & Aitken St
0800 474 300
04 474 3000
- Wednesday 25 October: Curator tour of Humble: The life of 100 small objects
- Thursday 26 October: Curator tour of Humble: The life of 100 small objects
- Friday 27 October: Small but perfectly designed
- Tuesday 31 October: Behind the design of He Tohu
- Thursday 2 November: Searching for voice, searching for reo
- Friday 10 November: Open the book: Literature at the heart of literacy — Wellington
- Friday 17 November: History unedited
- Thursday 30 November: Digital preservation in Wellington
Unfolding the map
Cartography in New Zealand.come on in
On now at the Turnbull Gallery, an exhibition exploring the treasured Ephemera collection.see what's on
See this catastrophe through the eyes of kiwi soldiers who were there.Haere mai
HOME – Cafe
Spend lunch or a break at HOME, the National Library’s cafe.get a coffee and a bite
We're open again!
The National Library’s Wellington building is open Monday to Saturday.
Some of our collections are unavailable while we make sure our collection areas are safe after the Kaikoura earthquake.See what's available
Research with the collections
Talk to one of our topic or format specialists, or our general research experts.
They're available on site, or you can ask your question right now though Ask a Librarian.start your research
Get to work and get creative, alone or in a group.
net.work is an open space for you to make what you want.see what you can do
Explore your heritage in a new way.
Find yourself, your place, and your past on the Lifelines table.get in touch with your past