National Library Wellington
Te Ahumairangi: 8.30am – 5pm
Reading Rooms: 10am – 5pm
Monday to Saturday
Closed on public holidays
Corner Molesworth & Aitken St
0800 474 300
04 474 3000
- Wednesday 10 February: “Couldn’t it have been the bagpipes?”
- Thursday 11 February: From Hostility to Lasting Friendship
- Friday 12 February: From Hostility to Lasting Friendship: A lunchtime talk and Q&A session with the curator
- Wednesday 17 February: From Wine to Words: A History of the Gutenberg Bible
- Wednesday 24 February: Kicking at the Boundaries: the intersections of art and archive
- Friday 11 March: A circle of Laureates
Unfolding the map
Cartography in New Zealand.come on in
Until 26 February
Surveyors’ views of early European settlement in Wellington.come on in
Home and Away
Closes October 2nd.
New Zealanders near and far during World War One.arrive at the Library
HOME – Cafe
Spend lunch or a break at HOME, the National Library’s cafe.get a coffee and a bite
Research with the collections
Talk to one of our topic or format specialists, or our general research experts.
They're available on site, or you can ask your question right now though Ask a Librarian.start your research
Get to work and get creative, alone or in a group.
net.work is an open space for you to make what you want.see what you can do
Explore your heritage in a new way.
Find yourself, your place, and your past on the Lifelines table.get in touch with your past
The Digital Archive of the Future
How might the Library handle digital objects, 3D printing, and the uncertain future?take a look at the future of libraries