31 July to 1 September / $100
This course is for anyone associated with a primary school library — teacher or library staff, new or experienced. The course aims to develop your competence and confidence to build a responsive collection through examining an existing collection, collaborating with others, offering a range of quality print and digital resources, and supporting inquiry based learning. Please note, this course has been previously offered, in 2015 and 2016, under a different title.
Dates and registration
|Online course dates||Monday 31 July to Friday 1 September 2017|
|Accessible||24/7 for 5 weeks|
|Registrations close||Monday 24 July|
This is an online course for:
- all primary school library staff, both new and experienced
- all members of the library management team, both new and experienced.
School level: primary/intermediate
This course will enable you to:
- work collaboratively with the school community to develop a responsive collection
- identify, select and manage resources that support the learners in your school
- provide access to a diverse range of print and digital resources for your learners.
Course activities include
- Practical activities and tasks, and online work space discussions
- Exploring tips and strategies to match library resourcing with your learners' needs
- Participating in a collaborative, problem-solving e-workshop related to the role of the library supporting a topic-focused inquiry in your primary school
- Personal reflection on your learning
- Opportunities to share and contribute, working in a Moodle environment, supported throughout by an e-facilitator.
Register or find out more
Register for this online course — space is limited so book your spot now.
For more information, email Katrina Young-Drew: email@example.com