Kirikiriroa Pā

Pā situated on a cliff above a horseshoe bend on the upper Whanganui River, opposite the Man-of-War Bluff. Occupied in the 19th century.

There are 5 related items to this topic
Date: 1889 - 1977 From: Mead, Arthur David, 1888-1977 : Collection of maps By: Coulter, Iris, active 1980-2002; Mead, Arthur David, 1888-1977 Ref: MapColl-f832.41cdc/1830-1977/Acc.40429-30 Description: Two topographic maps of Kirikiriroa on the Wanganui River and the ridge tracks adjacent to the settlement. On the larger map the sites of the store shed and ...
Date: [1953-1980] From: Mead, Arthur David, 1888-1977 : Papers Ref: MS-Papers-7403-09 Description: Notes and articles by Mead about abandoned farms in the Whanganui River tributaries; correspondence from various people supplying information; and photocopie...
Date: 1858 (1954) By: Pipiriki School Ref: MS-1777 Description: References to baptisms performed by Rev Taylor, and murder committed by the Nga-ti-tu at Kirikiriroa Quantity: 1 volume(s) (3 pages). Physical Description:...
Date: [ca1908] From: Parliamentary Library: Photograph albums By: Pringle, Thomas, 1858-1931 Ref: PA1-f-179 Description: Quantity: 1 album(s) Album(s).
Date: 1905 - 1915 By: Brett Printing and Publishing Company Ltd Ref: Eph-B-TOURISM-Wanganui-1910-01 Description: Shows a complete overview of the river, with photographic illustrations (by photographer Denton) all around, including views of: Taumarunui, Te Rerenga-o-ko-...