- 28 May 2000 to 28 February 2005 - 24 Apr 2004 - 28 May 2000
- Museum of Transport and Technology; Munns, Roger, active 2003-2005; Hedge, George, active 2000s; Gardiner, Mac, active 2000s
Interviews and narrations with eight former Bomber Command aircrew (including fighter pilots, bomber pilots, navigators, observers and gunners) who talk about their experiences during the Second World War. All served in Europe, with some also serving in the Pacific war. Experiences include being taken prisoner of war, leisure time activities, being shot and descriptions of various innovations such as FIDO (Fog Intensive, Dispersal Of). Interviewees are, Graham Breckon, William Bridget, Ernest (Barney) D'Ath-Weston, George Hitchcock, Jack Mayall, Frank Prebble, Arthur Taylor and Desmond Wilkins.
Accompanying material - one abstract contains a copy of a "Wartime Log" for prisoners of war, and another contains a copy of a flying log.
Abstracted by - Rosemary Deane, Megan Hutching
Interviewer(s) - Roger Munn, George Hedge and Mac Gardiner
Arrangement: Abstracts: OHA-5868 to OHA-5872, OHA-5909 to OHA-5911
Original recordings: OHC-016156 to OHC-016163, OHC-0161264 to OHC-016265, OHC-020675
Tape numbers - OHC-016156 to OHC-016266
Quantity: 9 C60 cassette(s). 2 C90 cassette(s). 8 printed abstract(s) and edited transcripts. 6 interview(s). 2 event(s) - narrations.
Finding Aids: Abstract Available - abstracting complete.
Processing information: Interview not yet described
- Additional description
Alternative form available: Copies are also held at MOTAT, Auckland as well as additional interviews about Bomber Command.
- Public use may require the written permission of the copyright holders Copyright: Copyright is held by MOTAT - Museum of Transport and Technology and for two interviews, Alexander Turnbull Library
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Additional processing required - Collection currently being processed. Once complete, no access restrictions.
- 9 C60 cassette(s), 2 C90 cassette(s), 8 printed abstract(s) and edited transcripts, 6 interview(s), 2 event(s) - narrations, Oral histories
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.