- 12 December 2006 - 02 June 2007 - 12 Dec 2006 - 02 Jun 2007
- Donald, Mary, active 1992-2007; Knight, Louisa, active 2006-2007; Auckland War Memorial Museum
The project's focus is about the memories of comradeship and mateship formed during the Second World War with members from the Auckland based 21st Infantry Battalion Association Inc. The interviews also include recollections about military training for World War II, action in Greece, Crete, North African campaign and Italy, death of mates and 21st Battalion Association reunions and activity. The interviewees are Brian Abbott, Don Adams, Clem Hollies, Edward (Bluey) Homewood, Charles Honeycombe and Bert Mitchell.
Accompanying material - Verterans' Club brochure from the Auckland War Memorial Museum pictorial gallery. Paper about the project given at the 2007 NOHANZ conference in Wellington.
Abstracted by - Louisa Knight
Interviewer(s) - Mary Donald, Louisa Knight
Arrangement: Abstracts: OHA-5720 - 5725
Original recordings: OHC-015905 - 015922
Quantity: 19 C60 cassette(s). 6 printed abstract(s). 6 interview(s).
Finding Aids: Abstract Available - abstracting complete.
Provenance: Donor/Lender/Vendor - Auckland Institute and Museum
Processing information: Interviews not yet described
- Public use may require the written permission of individual interviewees through the Auckland Institute and Museum and may require the written permission of the copyright holder Copyright: Copyright is held by the Auckland War Memorial Museum
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Additional processing required - Collection is currently being processed. Once complete, no access restrictions.
- 19 C60 cassette(s), 6 printed abstract(s), 6 interview(s), Oral histories, Equipment used: Sony ECM 5000; and Sony ECM 44B microphones
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.