Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :"There goes Smithers - doesn't want us to forget that he was one of the stars of the video caning production". Evening Post. 19 October 1981.
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989; Evening Post (Wellington, N.Z.)
Shows boys coming out of school. One of them is doubled over as he walks - the result of being caned. Refers to the principal of Rongotai College in Wellington who videotaped the caning of about 25 boys. He was condemned by the school board but had the support of teachers, some pupils, and a large proportion of parents.
See also editorial of Evening Post, 19 October 1981.
Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s).
Physical Description: Ink, letratone and crayon, 450 x 325 mm.
- Copyright must be cleared before this is reproduced for publication. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1981]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Cartoons (Commentary), Ink, letratone and crayon, 450 x 325 mm., Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: