- [ca 1891-1982] - 2000-2007
- Wellington Boys' and Girls' Institute
Comprises minute books of the Institute, and of its various activity committees, newspaper clippings, annual reports, historical notes, pamphlets, other printed material and records relating to the establishment of a Wellington Boys and Girls Institute youth cafe in Spinks Cottage.
Source of title - Supplied title
Commenced as the Wellington Boys' Institute in 1891. In 1914, the organisation acquired permanent premises and a gymnasium in Tasman Street. Their name was changed to Wellington Boys' and Girls' Institute in 1981.
Quantity: 9 box(es). 3 Linear Metres.
Physical Description: Mss, typescripts, printed matter
Transfers: To Photographic Archive - Various loose and mounted photographs PAColl-2124 - To Serials Collection - Annual reports - To Book Collections - Royal Life Saving Society handbook of instruction, 1966; St John's Young Men's Bible Class Jubilee History, 1888-1938; Sir George Troup, his work for the Wellington Boys' Institute, 1938.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted material - Items in Series-6346 require permission of donor to access. The rest of the collection is unrestricted.
- 9 box(es), 3 Linear Metres, Administrative reports, Clippings, Financial records, Manuscripts, Minutes (Records), Research notes, Typescripts, Mss, typescripts, printed matter
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.