Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989:'Be sensible, Stribling! More staff might ease the situation, but I'll be so busy interviewing unemployed, where am I going to find time to interview job-applicants?' 1978
- Evening Post (Wellington, N.Z.); Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989
This cartoon features the Employment Superintendent from the Department of Labour who has come into the office which deals with unemployment. A man is putting up a sign for more staff for telephone enquiries. The inspector is saying he will be so busy interviewing unemplyed he will have no time to interview apllicants for the phone jobs
Label on reverse dated 13/4/78
Extended Title - The Labour Department is too bogged down interviewing the unemployed to make any contact with employers, according to Wellington community workers
Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s).
Physical Description: Ink, crayon, newspaper clipping and letratone, 320 x 446 mm
- Copyright must be cleared before this image is reproduced. The Library may be able to help with an address
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Curator required
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1978]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Caricatures, Ink, crayon, newspaper clipping and letratone, 320 x 446 mm, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.