Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989 :The freeze is one today! The freeze is one today! Happy Birthday, dear Rob! Happy Birthday to me! Evening Post, 22 June 1983.
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989; Evening Post (Wellington, N.Z.)
Shows Prime Minister Robert Muldoon standing on a chair toasting himself with a glass of champagne and celebrating his wage and price freeze. On the table is a birthday cake with a candle, food and a present to him from himself labelled 'reduced inflation rate'. Standing outside in the snow, looking in through the window, is a group of people representing unions, employers and the general public.
Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s).
Physical Description: Black and white ink, letratone and crayon on paper, 345 x 448 mm
Finding Aids: Photocopies available in Pictorial Reference Service.
- Copyright must be cleared before this image is reproduced. The Library may be able to help with an address
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1983]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Ink drawings, Cartoons (Commentary), Black and white ink, letratone and crayon on paper, 345 x 448 mm
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: