Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989 :Mr Muldoon has announced a record surplus in overseas exchange transactions for the year ended August 31. 1969.
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989
Three men have climbed on each other's shoulders to look over a wall. The top man is the Minister of Finance, Robert Muldoon, who exclaims at the sight of a $76,7000,000 surplus, 'What a glorious sight!' The middle man is the producer-exporter who smiles at the sight and has in his pocket, 'tax remission' and 'income increase'. At the bottom staring straight at the wall is the wage earner, who says ' Things don't look any different down here!' The wall has graffiti - Up with living costs, Keep our tax rate up! and Down with incentive.
Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s).
Physical Description: Ink, letratone and pencil, 448 x 323 mm
Finding Aids: Photocopies available in Pictorial Reference Service.
- Copyright must be cleared before this is reproduced for publication. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1966]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Ink drawings, Cartoons (Commentary), Ink, letratone and pencil, 448 x 323 mm, Orientation: Vertical image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: