- ca 16 Oct 1989
- EP-Social-New Zealanders Overseas-02
Eugene Toki, a New Zealand Maori from Auckland, selling T-shirts displaying aboriginal designs at a market in Australia. Photograph taken circa 16 October 1989, by an unidentified photographer.
Original caption reads: "Eugene Toki, an Auckland Maori, has struck a racist comment only once in 12 years in Australia. "He isn't a darkie, is he?", his wife-to-be's grandmother asked. Once he stopped laughing, Eugene easily won her over." (Evening Post, 16 October 1989)
Quantity: 1 b&w original photographic print(s).
Physical Description: Gelatin silver print 27.5 x 25.4 cm
- Copyright must be checked
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Digital content available only in Katherine Mansfield Reading Room
- Part of
- Dominion post (Newspaper): Photographic negatives and prints of the Evening Post and Dominion newspapers / New Zealanders Overseas
- 1 b&w original photographic print(s), Photographs, Gelatin silver prints, Gelatin silver print 27.5 x 25.4 cm, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.