Te Puna Interloan
Te Puna Interloan helps you create, monitor and respond to interloan requests from New Zealand and Australian libraries. 88 % of New Zealand libraries use Te Puna Interloan.
To interloan within New Zealand a library must first be a member of the New Zealand Interloan Scheme. LIANZA, in conjunction with the National Library, manages the New Zealand Interloan Scheme.
Te Puna Interloan tools
Log in to Te Puna Interloan (VDX) to create, monitor and respond to interloan requests from New Zealand and Australian libraries
Te Puna Interloan services
Te Puna Services provides help with making the best use of Te Puna Interloan.
Training in the use of Te Puna Interloan
- Download the Te Puna Interloan user manual (pdf, 2MB) – A comprehensive guide to all aspects of using Te Puna Interloan
- Download the Te Puna Interloan Quick Guide (pdf, 96KB) – A handy overview for basic use of Te Puna Interloan
- Interloan training videos – screencasts showing you how to get started in Te Puna Interloan
- Subscribe to Tepunaildd-L – Receive messages about day-to-day interloan operational matters
- Te Puna Interloan tips and tricks (pdf, 1.7MB)
- Scanning guidelines for interloaned copies (pdf, 335KB)
Interloan Billing Service (IBS)
The Interloan Billing Service (IBS) is a centralised billing system that supports charging for national (IBS) and trans Tasman (IIBS) interloans for Te Puna Interloan members or those libraries with their own servers (e.g. Auckland University or LCoNZ libraries). All payment is by direct debit/direct credit. IBS is managed by the Finance Department of the Department of Internal Affairs with Inland Revenue providing financial transaction processing and services for the Department.
Need more information? Download the frequently asked questions (pdf, 48KB) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IBS corrections form
The following form can be used by lending libraries to reverse out charges that have previously been made in error. Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com before the end of the month.
Some Te Puna Interloan members are not yet IBS users. Transactions are rejected if the lending or borrowing library is not a member of the IBS billing scheme. A monthly “Transactions not processed” report is provided so that libraries can create manual invoices.
- Download Transactions not processed, November 2016 (xls, 23KB)
- Download Transactions not processed, October 2016 (xls, 29KB)
- Download Transactions not processed, September 2016 (xls, 29KB)
- Download Transactions not processed, August 2016 (xls, 30KB)
- Download Transactions not processed, July 2016 (xls, 23KB)
- Download Transactions not processed, June 2016 (xls, 29KB)
Directory of New Zealand Libraries
The Directory of New Zealand Libraries facilitates interloan by providing contact and other information about every library in New Zealand. Te Puna members can send in an online request to update their library details.
Document locating and international interloans
Get in touch if you need to verify the existence or location of books, articles, printed music, serials, or any other items that you are unable to find by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a free service.
Libraries can make interlibrary loaning easier by deeplinking into their catalogues from WorldCat. Deeplinking makes collections more visible, and provides the user with more information, including whether the item is currently available.
Currently, Te Puna Interloan (VDX) does not display deeplinks, but they are available through Te Puna Search.
If you would like to be deeplinked please email email@example.com and we'll set this up as soon as possible.