Subscribe to EPIC resources
Subscribing for new EPIC members
New to EPIC and keen to subscribe? Start by deciding which EPIC resources you are interested in, and then email us with your choices. We will:
- send you a quote in New Zealand dollars, so that you know exactly what you will be paying for
- the quote will include the standard 5% administration fee
- pro-rate the quote if you are joining during the subscription year, which runs from 1 April to 31 March
- send you a sub-licence template to look at to review the terms and conditions.
If you are happy with the quote send us an email to tell us that you'd like to go ahead with subscribing to the resource.
We will then:
- arrange for the vendor to contact you and organise access to the resource
- send you an invoice in New Zealand dollars. The invoice will be from the Department of Internal Affair, not the vendor of the resource you have subscribed to.
- send you a sub-licence agreement to sign.
You need to sign the sub-license agreement and email it to us. Keep a copy for yourself.
Subscribing for existing EPIC members
If you are an existing EPIC member you will be required to complete an EPIC subscription confirmation form before each new subscription year. The EPIC subscription year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
The EPIC subscription confirmation form for your sector can be accessed by logging in to your EPIC account.
You need to confirm or change EPIC subscription by end of February
You need to confirm or change your EPIC subscription by the end of February. This is so that:
- The vendors have enough notice to implement all the subscription changes and updates by 1 April, which is the beginning of the new subscription year.
- We have binding commitments to the subscriptions selected by each member, so that EPIC has assurance of recovering the full subscription costs for the year from the membership when invoicing in May.
Use the form to confirm or change existing EPIC subscription
The EPIC subscription confirmation form will list all the subscription options available to your library sector.
You can subscribe to new resources. If you subscribe to a new resource the vendor will contact you to set up access to the new resource.
You can also choose to stop an EPIC subscription. On the confirmation form, don't select the resource you want to stop. If you stop an EPIC subscription you need to remove links to the resources by 1 April.
EPIC subscription confirmation process and invoice
To confirm your EPIC subscription:
- choose the EPIC subscription options you would like for the new subscription year
- sign the EPIC confirmation form, and
- email the EPIC confirmation form to EPIC by the end of February before the beginning of the new subscription year (or the deadline indicated on the subscription confirmation form).
In May of the EPIC subscription year, we will send you a sub-licence agreement and invoice. The cost includes a standard 5% administration fee (in NZD plus GST). You need to:
- sign the sub-licence agreement,
- and email the signed sub-licence agreement to us (keep a copy for yourself).
The invoice you receive will be from the Department of Internal Affairs not the vendor of the resource you have subscribed to.
The final amount charged to you in New Zealand dollars is determined by exchange rates at the time the Department pays the foreign currency invoices.
Email EPIC — email@example.com
EPIC subscription is cancelled if no confirmation form sent
If you do not complete and return an EPIC subscription confirmation for the new subscription year, your library’s EPIC membership and all subscriptions through EPIC will be cancelled for the new subscription year.
When you cancel a subscription option, you’ll be required to remove links to these resources by 1 April.
Subscribing to an EPIC resource during the subscription year
It's easy for members to subscribe to resources during the EPIC subscription year, which runs from 1 April to 31 March. You will only pay for the time you have subscribed to the EPIC resource (the pro-rated period).
Choose the EPIC resource you are interested in and then email us with your subscription request.
- Send you a quote in New Zealand dollars, excluding GST, for the pro-rated period.
- The quote will include the standard 5% administration fee.
If you are happy with the quote, email us to tell us that you'd like to go ahead with subscribing to the resource.
The vendor of your chosen subscription will then contact you directly to set up access to the new resource.
We will send you an invoice for the resource. The invoice will be from the Department of Internal Affairs not the vendor of the resource you have subscribed to. You will only be charged for the time you have subscribed to the resource.
Email EPIC — firstname.lastname@example.org
Sub-licence agreement for pro-rated subscriptions
The paperwork for a pro-rated subscription is different for existing and new members:
- Existing member — we will send you a product amendment to your existing sub-licence agreement to reflect the subscription addition.
- New member — we will send you a sub-licence agreement for you to sign and return to us (keep a copy for yourself).
You can email EPIC for a quote or have a look at the EPIC pricing. You need an EPIC account to see EPIC pricing and sub-licence agreements.
If you require clarification about the pricing options that are applicable to your library, email EPIC.
Email EPIC — email@example.com.
Invoice and pricing in foreign currency
The subscription pricing information from vendors may be provided in foreign currency. If this is the case EPIC pays the consolidated invoices based on the foreign currency prices shown in the pricing information.
When you get the invoice, you will be charged in New Zealand dollars (plus GST), based on the exchange rate that applied at the time EPIC paid the consolidated invoice.
All new EPIC member libraries are required to sign a sub-licence agreement with the Department of Internal Affairs for the supply of the electronic resource content provided in their EPIC subscription.
Schedule 2 of the sub-licence agreement includes the standard terms and conditions of use for resources available through EPIC. Some vendors have different terms and conditions and these are called 'Agreed Deviations from the Standard Terms and Conditions' (agreed deviation).
Check the agreed deviations to make sure you are clear about the terms and conditions for the resource you are subscribing to.
EPIC pricing and sub-licence agreements