SLANZA's mission statement
SLANZA provides community, guidance and professional development on library practice and programmes for school library staff in Aotearoa New Zealand while reflecting the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
SLANZA’s purpose is to:
- provide a national voice for the school library community
- advocate the critical role of school libraries in reading, teaching and learning
- lobby for improved funding to provide better school library facilities
- improve the professional standing, working conditions and qualifications for all staff involved with school libraries
- support professional development through conferences, regular newsletters and a website
- develop links with associated national and international professional organisations.
More information about SLANZA, including contact details, the membership form, conference details and regional events is available on the SLANZA website.