Kōtui is governed by a board made up of representatives of the stakeholders, being public library members, the Association of Public Library Managers (APLM), Local Government of New Zealand (LGNZ) and the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA). Professional advice is provided to the board from the Kōtui Advisory Group, composed of representatives of the member libraries.
The purpose of the Board is to set the direction for Kōtui by:
- Providing strategic decision making on behalf of the Crown, local authorities, public libraries and strategic supplier partners; and
- Providing challenge to ensure that the goals and objectives continue to meet the desired outcomes of public libraries.
- Rachel Esson, Kotui Board Chair, Director Content Services, NLNZ
- Glen Webster, Kotui Managers Executive Group
- Jane Hill, Independent member
- Jo Hunt, PLNZ member
- Nicky Moen, Library member
- Paula Banks, NLNZ member
- Paula Murdoch, Library member representative
- Simon Pickford, LGNZ member representative